- Improving access to foreign language instruction, arts and music education.
- Supporting college and career counseling, including providing information on opportunities for financial aid through the early FAFSA.
- Providing programming to improve instruction and student engagement in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), including access to these subjects for underrepresented groups.
- Promoting access to accelerated learning opportunities including Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IP) programs, dual or concurrent enrollment programs and early college high schools.
- Strengthening instruction in American history, civics, economics, geography, government education, and environmental education.